Hey everyone! It’s time to kick off another exciting tour. We are so excited to be hosting the book tour for debut author Kaylynn Flanders and her YA Fantasy novel, Shielded. Make sure to check out the other blogs on the tour schedule (listed below) and be sure to enter the giveaway at the bottom! Let’s start this thing off with a good ole’ book tag!!
-SHIELDED Book Tag-
- Jennesara: Character With a SecretI have two characters that immediately came to mind and those are Kaz and Inej from the Six of Crows duology. While most of the characters in the duology have their secrets, those two definitely have the most and it’s
something that I really loved finding out as I read the two books.
- Ren: A Character You Feel a Close Connection ToOne recently that I really connected to though is Vada from More Than Maybe. Vada has a strong plan in place for how she wants to see her life go. Luke is definitely not part of her plan. Something similar happened to me when I met my husband eight years ago. I didn’t plan on meeting him, but I’m so very glad I did.
- The Wild: A Pretty Book That Disappointed You
I’m probably going to disappoint or upset some people, but for me this is Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore. This book has an absolutely gorgeous cover and I wanted to love it so much because of how pretty it is, but this one was a huge disappointment for me.
- Gray Mage: Favorite Villain
Hands down, I’m going to say The Darkling. Yes, he’s a villain. I won’t ever deny that, but oh boy, is he a good character! He was written so well and I doubt I will ever not like him as a character.
- Yesilia: Favorite Parental FigureI absolutely love Emoni’s abuela in With the Fire on High! She honestly reminds me of my grandma who I have a very special relationship with.
- Ren’s Book: A Book That’s Special to YouI have many books that are special to me for different reasons, but I think one that is the most special is Song of the Dead. Particularly my physical advanced copy of it that I was then able to have Sarah Glenn Marsh sign when I got to meet her a couple of years ago. Not only was this my first physical ARC, but it was also after I had joined TBR and Beyond as a mod and was able to meet and talk with an author who is just the absolute sweetest. I will always treasure that book and the memories that surround it.
- Luc: Favorite SidekickI absolutely love Iko from the Lunar Chronicles. This is such a fun character who is always there for her friends and is definitely someone I would want to have my back!
- Enzo: A Sweet but Sassy CharacterThis one was one that took me a bit to choose for, but I think I’m going with Zayne from The Dark Elements trilogy by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Zayne also plays a huge part of The Harbinger series that takes place in the same world and after the events that happen in The Dark Elements. This is definitely a character who is sweet, but also has a sassy side to them. I always loved when they were in parts of The Dark Elements so it was really great to see Zayne more in what is out so far of The Harbinger series.
- The Black Library: Hidden GemI’m going with a graphic novel for this one! Mooncakes by Suzanne Walker is such a hidden gem and I need more people to read this one. It includes lots of representation, magic, and some of the greatest characters. I just love this one so much and it’s so underrated.
- Marietta: Cute but Fierce CharacterFor this one, it took me a bit to figure out who I wanted to pick just like sassy but sweet, but I would say Roth from The Dark Elements trilogy by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This is a character that took me by surprise when I first started reading the book and then I quickly fell in love. He’s such a funny character and is so fiercely protective of those he cares about.
- General Leland: Book with Your Favorite PlotThe Merciful Crow! I absolutely loved the plot of this book and it’s been one that I have now reread several times and it never gets old.
- The Medallion: Your Favorite Magical World
I really enjoy the Grishaverse that Leigh Bardugo has created. I think it’s amazing that she has been able to expand on it so much and how vast the world is at this point. It’s a world that I don’t think I would particularly survive in, but one I would definitely love to visit. We tag: EVERYONE – anyone who wants to do this tag, consider yourself tagged!
This tag was created and answered by two members of the TBR and Beyond Tours team, Felicia Matthews and Candyce Kirk.
-ABOUT THE BOOK –
Genre: YA Fantasy
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Published: July 21st 2020
Order Shielded Today
For fans of Sorcery of Thorns and Furyborn comes a thrilling new fantasy about a kingdom ravaged by war, and the princess who might be the key to saving not only those closest to her, but the kingdom itself, if she reveals the very secret that could destroy her.
The kingdom of Hálendi is in trouble. It’s losing the war at its borders, and rumors of a new, deadlier threat on the horizon have surfaced. Princess Jennesara knows her skills on the battlefield would make her an asset and wants to help, but her father has other plans.
As the second-born heir to the throne, Jenna lacks the firstborn’s–her brother’s–magical abilities, so the king promises her hand in marriage to the prince of neighboring Turia in exchange for resources Hálendi needs. Jenna must leave behind everything she has ever known if she is to give her people a chance at peace.
Only, on the journey to reach her betrothed and new home, the royal caravan is ambushed, and Jenna realizes the rumors were wrong–the new threat is worse than anyone imagined. Now Jenna must decide if revealing a dangerous secret is worth the cost before it’s too late–for her and for her entire kingdom.
-BOOK TOUR DATES-
-BLOG TOUR SCHEDULE-
TBR and Beyond (blogger’s choice)
The Book View (blogger’s choice)
Bookson Tuesday (blogger’s choice)
Hills Of Books (Review)
Mixed Matched Socks (Review)
Gingerly_Reading (blogger’s choice)
Confession of a YA Reader (blogger’s choice)
FactandFiction (blogger’s choice)
Chapter Break (blogger’s choice)
Emelie’s Books (blogger’s choice)
The Book Dutchesses (blogger’s choice)
Young at Heart Reader (blogger’s choice)
Jena Brown Writes (blogger’s choice)
Wild and Wonderful Reads (blogger’s choice)
Books & Dice (Review)
The Bookish Unicorn (blogger’s choice)
The Writer’s Alley (blogger’s choice)
Mahkjchi’s Not-So-Secret Books (blogger’s choice)
Moonlight Rendezvous (blogger’s choice)
Fangirl Pixie Blog (blogger’s choice)
-ABOUT THE AUTHOR-
KayLynn Flanders is a graduate of Brigham Young University, with a degree in English Language and a minor in editing. When she’s not writing, she spends her time playing volleyball, reading, and traveling. She lives in Utah with her family, and thinks there’s nothing better than a spur-of-the-moment road trip. Her debut novel is Shielded.
Prize: A hardcover copy of Shielded (US only)
Starts: August 3rd, 2020
Ends: August 9th, 2020
If you are interested in signing up with us for future book blog tours, be sure to check out TBR and Beyond Tours.