I was tagged my Lili, over at Lili Star Reads and it looks like great fun, so I thought’d give it a shot. The creator of the tag is Jenniely and it is a tag to discover if you have been naughty or nice this year!
- Tag & link the person who tagged you
- Tag and link the creator
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag another 10 people!
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it – Not so far
I haven’t really requested a ton of arcs in the past because I wasn’t reading e-arcs at all and TBR and Beyond group reads kept me busy all the time.
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley – No
I currently have 75% rating, but we’ll see how long it lasts *fingers crossed*
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did) – Yes (constantly)
I’m terrible for this. I have the best of intentions but intentions don’t get my reviews written *hides face in shame* Lots I go back to but ones that were just kind of ok for me, I usually can’t remember much about them – even a few days later.
4. Folded down the page of a book – Yes
I used to dog ear books all the time when I was younger. I don’t feel remotely bad because it wasn’t all Trade Paperbacks and nice hardcovers. Most of the time it was mass paperbacks (which I no longer read). I don’t personally do it now because I spend too much money on pretty books *stares lovingly at bookshelves*
5. Accidentally spilled on a book – Yes
Oh god, yes. I don’t spill because I’m drinking something – it’s usually that I knock over my drink and since my books tend to be all over the place – one gets hit and you hear me screaming like a murder has been committed.
6. DNF a book this year – Yes
I haven’t DNF’d that many. There have been a couple though that I did stop for various reasons.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it – Yes
I’m guilty of a lot of this stuff, geez! I love the Barnes and Nobel Classic Collectors Edition and even though I’m in Canada and the shipping in INSANE, I still have managed to buy a good amount. I see them more as decoration than anything else – though I do plan to read a few. Some of them have such tiny print on the inside though, so I’d likely buy a better reading copy if I wanted to read some of the stories.
8. Read whilst you are meant to be doing something else (like homework) – Always
Of course, this seems like an obvious.
9. Skim read a book – Yes, a few
I don’t actually do this often but I will do this if I’m getting bored and on the verge of a DNF but I want to get through the rest of it. I read enough that I get the general jist of it. It’s extremely rare that I do this on fantasy or sci-fi though.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal – Not yet
I’ve been doing goals for about three years now, I believe and I haven’t missed it yet. I don’t set anything I will get too behind on or that will stress me out. I’m usually over my goal by a bit.
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library – Eek, yes
I’ve lost books as a child, to my mother’s dismay. I think, for a long time, I had some school library books lying around too.
12. Broke a book buying ban – Nope!
This is an easy one for me because I don’t go on bans, ever. For me they don’t work. I want to buy them more if I’m restricting myself so it just backfires horribly. I buy a lot of books but I guess it could be worse *shrug*
13. Started a review, left it for ages and forgot what the book was about – Constantly
Oh yeah, big time. I certainly don’t have a photographic memory by any means. I even forget books that I loved and have to read them again. I might remember the overall plots, but the small details that are still important and all the names – oh hell no.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading – Definitely Not
My handwriting is AWFUL and no I’m not being modest. It would stress me out so much to write in a book and it be all sloppy. I don’t even show my book planners because it’s not all perfection like some. I do think it’s really cool though to annotate and maybe someday I’ll bite the bullet and do it.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads -Yes
Rare, really rare and it’s almost always a graphic novel. I’ll grab one and read it in an hour or so and then forget to put it in.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend – No
I don’t really borrow things period from friends. It makes me nervous.
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book – Not really
Most of my friends aren’t readers and if they are, then they only read “enlightening” Oprah Club books – so they side eye my YA and Middle-grade collection.
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book – No
Read answer 16
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged – Yes
My dog got a hold of a couple. I have a safer spot now.
20. Sat on a book accidentally – Yeppers
I usually have a few on my bed, so yes.
Results: 12/20 so I guess I’m a bad person LOL
Cute tag! I had fun doing one. If I don’t tag you then please consider yourself tagged. I never know who all to tag in these things. No pressure to do this, if it looks cool then great!